Manufacturing Jobs – Join Our Team!
This is a great opportunity to join a growing organization that has been working through the pandemic, providing materials required for the fight against COVID-19 as well as continuing to serve customers in the aerospace, electronic, life sciences, medical, building, and construction industries.
In a manufacturing role, you will be working on our coating machines or converting machines. These positions require extreme accuracy in calculation and measurement and mechanical aptitude. Candidates for the coating machine will share responsibilities as part of a team, while converting machine operators work more independently, all with the goal of maintaining the highest level of quality and quantity of production and on-time delivery.
Prior experience preferred but most important is a willingness and enthusiasm to learn. We can train you to use our equipment to ensure a safe work environment for yourself, your colleagues, and our facility.
- Operate all coating activities, including set-up machine and feed adhesive to coater via reservoir.
- Observe machine and equipment operation to detect defects.
- Perform proper cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
- Operate forklift/ hand truck to lift and move pallets with drums and/or rolls.
- Assist production as a material handler: load, unload, and move materials, part or products manually or by mechanized means within or near plant, in warehouse or vehicle.
- Perform a variety of other warehouse tasks. If needed, install strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools.
- Load each end of the machine with raw materials.
- Read work order, shipping order, or follow verbal instructions.
- Deliver production items to designated work areas for processing.
- Deliver processed units to storage or for the next stage of processing. Stack processed items in warehouse
- Handle or assist all aspects of the machine’s daily production including loading, unloading, and moving materials, parts or products manually or by mechanized means within or near plant, in warehouse or vehicle.
- Set up machines, operate different kinds of machines to convert tapes into various dimensions while maintaining high standard of quality and production speed.
- Check inputs to spot any material-related mistakes and feed raw materials or parts manually to converting machines.
- Able to define problems/bugs in the system and inform supervisor timely and appropriately during the shift
- Maintain cleanliness in designated work area throughout shift
- Follow verbal instructions from supervisors and written instructions, perform necessary finishing functions
- Measure tape quality characteristics, such as wall thickness, adhesion, length, etc.
- Inspect during the process with precision and measuring tool/equipment
- Observe machine and equipment operation to detect defects
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Deliver the finished products to designated work areas for next stage of processing
Schedules vary depending on role. Some employees work five 8-hour days. Others work three or four 12 hour days, but not less than 40 hours a week. We prefer to train during the day, either Monday – Friday, 5:30 am – 5:30 pm, or Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm. A second shift training schedule may be considered. Please indicate on the application which shift you are applying for, or if you are willing to work either shift.
Full-time employees enjoy a comprehensive benefit package including generous medical insurance, a company paid 401(k) plan, and bonus program.
Dependent on experience
Applications now being accepted at Adhesive Applications, 41 O’Neill Street, Easthampton, MA 01027. You may also send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org